I’m Keith, a front-end web developer who loves what I do for a living. I’m originally from Ireland but now call the beautiful county of Staffordshire my home. I feel privileged to live and work here.
I’ve been involved in creating websites since way back in 2002, when I first stumbled upon this creative digital world. Back then Internet Explorer reigned supreme, developing websites was… very different than today, and you’d need the patience of a saint to make a website look the same in every browser!
I’ve worked with companies of all sizes, from growing start-ups to large NHS projects dealing with thousands of staff and patients, and everything in between. I’m not daunted by many challenges, as I’m convinced that even the most complex of projects can be broken down into manageable pieces.
Notable Achievements 🏅
As a web developer with a few years under my belt, below are some points in my career that I’m pretty proud of.
- I created one of the first Spotify playlist sharing websites which was featured in Web User Magazine.
- One of my personal websites was featured in The Web Designer’s Idea Book.
- I used to run a moderately succesful website called Code-Sucks.com (which was later aquired) that offered free CSS templates, and even made it to the first page of Digg way back in the day.
- I was asked permission to use my CSS layouts for the book How to Design Websites by Laurence King Publishing.
- At one point I was a pretty active author on Themeforest selling custom WordPress themes and had amassed nealy 1,000 sales before I called it quits.
Get to Know Me a Bit Better
- 🚴🏻 I love bicycle touring and after my first tour from London to Barcelona, I now make it an annual activity.
- 📸 Photography is a passion of mine and my work has been featured in quite a few publications.
- 🏃🏻♂️ I ran my first ultra run (80 kiiometres) before I ran my first marathon. Would not recommened!
- ✈️ I love jetting off to new countries and I’ve visted 40 countries so far (with many more planned!).
- 🇪🇸 I study Spanish and can speak at a conversational level – ¿Dónde está la biblioteca?
- 📺 This scene from Parks and Recreation is probably the funniest thing that I have ever seen.
- 💪🏻I love exercising, and do something everyday – in fact 1 day ago I rode my bike 7.96 km.
- 🍏Once anti-apple – now I’m a bit of an Apple fanboy. Their products just make work fun.
Why The Name – Do you love toast?
I needed a name for my little company and after tearing my hair out for an hour trying to come up with something that wasn’t already taken, I looked at my breakfast and thought – Made by toast it is.